Warriors' Watch Riders Forums

We Have Your Backs Here At Home

All times are UTC

Post subject: Help Wanted
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:42 pm 
G-Team

Warriors Watch Riders, are in desperate need of a PHP programer and Web Site Admin to help with the upkeep of our website. Please respond with a note here or a pm to me if you can help or know of anybody who is willing to help us update and keep the forums up and running.

Thanks

Navy Chief.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+

Post subject: Re: Help Wanted
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:38 pm 
G-Team

Someone? Anyone?

Really can be anyone who knows how to run a hosted site and keep it updated. PHP programming experience not really required, but real darn handy.

Due to (I think) customization choices made during initial setup, required updates/upgrades break "stuff".

If we don't upgrade, it costs me more..

Any techie whiz's out there willing to lend a hand.

-matter

My heart gives you love."

~Walt Whitman-Drum Taps & IMO Bob (GoArmy) Smith

Riding in Memory of JonD, Proud Parent (Deb), Mike, Irish, Kat, RCRON, Wheelmaster, Chicago Jim, Bob (GoARMY) Smith, Barto, Fitz, Wayne Tronsen, Amps, Wayne (SnakeHawk) Lutz, and my father, MSGT Leo Charlier USANG Red Arrow Division.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:41 pm 

Matter,
Hope this message finds you well!
I spoke with my companies IT guy, who "may" be able to help out after work issues are resolved. Is this an avenue your ok with doing, or are you looking for a private company?

Please advise,
Meatball

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:57 pm 
G-Team

There's been talk of replacing what we use now, or we can "fix" what we use now.

I have always boasted that WWR avoids the headaches of other groups as we "do everything on our own dime, and our own time, in fact, you can't even donate to us as we are not a 501c3".

So, to that end, was hoping someone would volunteer their services to accomplish this goal.

And, to put my money where my mouth is/was, I've been paying for the web site for (I dunno) over a decade. If someone would want to take over that as well, that'd be more than awesome.

My heart gives you love."

~Walt Whitman-Drum Taps & IMO Bob (GoArmy) Smith

Riding in Memory of JonD, Proud Parent (Deb), Mike, Irish, Kat, RCRON, Wheelmaster, Chicago Jim, Bob (GoARMY) Smith, Barto, Fitz, Wayne Tronsen, Amps, Wayne (SnakeHawk) Lutz, and my father, MSGT Leo Charlier USANG Red Arrow Division.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:23 pm 

Matter, Please see my notes below.

There's been talk of replacing what we use now, or we can "fix" what we use now. OK, NOTED. ILL ASK MY IT GUYS OPINION/INPUT.

I have always boasted that WWR avoids the headaches of other groups as we "do everything on our own dime, and our own time, in fact, you can't even donate to us as we are not a 501c3". AGREED!

So, to that end, was hoping someone would volunteer their services to accomplish this goal. AGREED, I'LL WORK ON THIS END TOO.

And, to put my money where my mouth is/was, I've been paying for the web site for (I dunno) over a decade. If someone would want to take over that as well, that'd be more than awesome. MATTER, I PERSONALLY APPRECIATE WHAT YOU'VE DONE. I LOOK FORWARD TO BEING ABLE TO HELP AND OTHERS HELP ASWELL.
BUT WITH PEOPLE USING FACEBOOK AND BAND AND WHATEVER ELSE, TAKES AWAY FROM THIS SITE. :(

BE SAFE, MEATBALL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:55 am 
National Moderator

Matter - sure hope you know how much you've been appreciated all these years! I have two guys I plan to ask Friday evening as computers are their lives.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:18 pm 
WWR Coordinator

Good Day Folks,

Can we get National to comment on the status of this please??

Respectfully,

Bigbill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:55 pm 

UPDATE: My IT guy is backed up with work setting up a new SAP program for us and our other locations...Unfortunately he is unavailable.

I'm sorry I cannot help. :(