Warriors' Watch Riders Forums

We Have Your Backs Here At Home

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:08 am 
WWR Coordinator

OBITUARY
It is with great sadness to say that James A. Britton Sr. passed away on January 20th, 2024. James was at home and was surrounded by loved ones and went peacefully to meet his wife Diane M. Britton (2019) and his son Matthew J. Britton (2003). James was survived by his daughter Theresa A. Poorman, her husband James M. Poorman, and his son James A. Britton Jr. James is also survived by his grandchildren who he loved so much, Alyssa Trindle, her husband Robert Trindle, Joseph Barlow Jr. and Jonathon Barlow. James inherited more grandchildren who he loved as his own by blended families. Rachael Gilardi, her husband Timothy Gilardi and their children Ryan, Emmy and Audrey. Also, Jason Poorman, Amy Poorman and her son Dominic Tretter. James is also survived by his big brother Jack Britton and his wife Barbara Britton. James was such an incredible man that he picked up more family members who he loved as his own. Valerie Miller has been James’ miracle neighbor who has been like a daughter and caregiver, without hesitation, she was there to assist. Val is amazing and loved James as her own father. Thank you for being such an amazing woman. Val’s husband Doug was amazing with James when in need. Val and Doug’s daughter Kenzie was another granddaughter that he adored just as much as the rest of us. Thank you, Kenzie, for being a part of James’ life, he loved you so much as well. James has unique relationships most people dream of having as a husband, father, grandfather, Pop Britton and friend. James’ legacy he left behind will carry on forever. James always had a smile and loved to joke around. His laugh was contagious. James had a heart of gold for everyone and anyone. Open door policy was “welcome in!” James enlisted in the USMC in 1968-1970. 1969 in Vietnam, James was severely injured which paralyzed him 100%. James was a marine, so he didn’t give up and inspired so many people. Be strong and fight until you can’t anymore. James fought every day for 56 years in a wheelchair with little mobility. That did not stop him from building a family, working for the government, pulling pranks on people, and telling dumb dad jokes that he laughed at himself. What is a hero? James A. Britton Sr. was a hero, a true American hero! James was such an incredible marine who will truly be missed. The shenanigans will continue especially since James’ great grandson Matthew James Trindle will be here in a few short months. Alyssa had such a bond with her uncle Matthew and her grandfather so the legacy will continue all due to the love James shared with his granddaughter Alyssa. She was his angel too! James is now flying high. A proud marine in heaven running, finally dancing again with his wife and holding his son once again.

James is also survived by his two best friends forever in arms, brother to brother, Jack Murphy who he met through DV3 group & they became best friends.

Michael McNutt served proudly with James and to this day they will remain the best of friends serving together & knowing each other as family.

SEMPER FI, my friends.

Date: Friday, February 2, 2024
Time : Flagline in place 12:30 PM –
Location Beck-Givnish Life Celebration Home, 7400 New Falls Rd., Levittown, PA 19055.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:43 pm 

Standing By

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:09 am 

Condolences to family and friends of James.............thank you, James, for your dedication and service...........rest in peace Sir......God bless you...................

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:52 pm 
National Moderator

Respectfully standing by - Regretfully, I need to stand down

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:52 pm 

Respectfully Standing By

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:44 pm 

Standing By
RIP James