Warriors' Watch Riders Forums

We Have Your Backs Here At Home

All times are UTC

Post subject: Need some Beads!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:19 pm 

Anyone know where i can buy some beads? the store has been down for what seems like a year + and i don't have anything.

Thanks in advance

Pegs down for the fallen

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+

Post subject: Re: Need some Beads!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:26 pm 

What I do is make them. You can work right off of the picture, all it takes is a little time. My granddaughters 'help' and they like doing it and sometime they even help in giving them away.

I stand for them and everyone else that wrote that blank check for us.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:16 pm 
WWR Coordinator

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

THE BEADS

We wear the beads to remind us that the freedoms that we all enjoy can come at a very high price. As motorcyclists, we get to enjoy the freedom of the open roads. As Americans, we treasure our freedom. We wear the beads to remind us of the brave men and women who sacrificed so that we could live in a nation of unparalleled freedom and opportunity.

BLUE BEADS represent the Blue Star families. When the men and women of our Armed Forces serve overseas, their loved ones serve, as well. We recognize the sacrifice of family members, mothers and fathers, husbands and wives, brothers, sisters and children, separated from their loved ones by great distances and stark realities.

BLACK BEADS represent all those who have served our great nation through all the wars, all of the conflicts. They represent the POWs, some who have endured horrible hardships at the hands of their captors. They represent the MIAs, men and women from all the wars who are still missing. There are still 73,000 unaccounted for from World War II, remains still being returned today.

GOLD BEADS represent the Gold Star families. These are the families who will always have an empty chair at their table, who will never see their loved one again. These families have shared the ultimate sacrifice of a family member who lost his or her life in defense of our nation. The gold beads remind us of terrible sacrifices some have made in our battle to safeguard our nation.

RED, WHITE AND BLUE There just isn't another flag with the beauty, the majesty and the meaning embodied in our flag nor many things that compare with a line of them rippling in the breeze. It is imbued with our values and the spirit of those who defend it. In a world where we face a new enemy with complete disregard for human life, dignity and freedom, it is a beacon to the world and our proclamation of who we are. Our flag says to the world, "We are Americans, and proud of it."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:12 pm 

I have beads --
WWR, Vietnam colors, Purple Heart, Thin Blue Line (LEO), Thin Red Line (Firefighter).
PM me if you need.

the US Air Force Blue"

dutch2. USAF '69 - '73.
Iron Butterfly Sqdn. "NEVER QUIT"

WWR SEPA -- Ride with Pride -- O.S.O.M.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:14 pm 

I am brand new to your group. We are a blue star family. My son is a Lt in the Army currently serving in Afghanistan. I am happy to get the beads, make them and give them to anyone or even send them to someone that needs them . Please advise how you would like me to proceed and I will be happy to comply. We are happy to assist in any manner possible. My dad served 40 years as did both my granddads. I gotta say ARMY STRONG.
Sue Murphy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:55 pm 

Just curious what mm size to make it with amazon has like 8mm & 11mm beads.. saw the star ones on amazon they were 11 mm.... thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:49 am 
National Moderator

Good job RJ! You and Dutch are the experts re the beads! Thank you all - for explanations, directions, offers to make them, provide them and present them!