PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:39 am 
WWR Coordinator

SNJ 6/18 H/M US. Army Veteran George Welch

Rally: Bell-Hennessy 420 S. Main St. Williamstown
Rally Time: 1030
Flag Line : 1045

****Remember 3x5 Flags*****

A letter from George's Daughter in law

I am not sure if this will even reach you in time or if it is even possible in anyway. I would very much appreciate you contacting me back either way. My father in law George Welch was hit on his motorcycle 3 1/2 months ago by a kid who thought he could pull out in front of him and cut him off. He was in copper hospital for most of the time and moved to Atlantic City. His last move was to rehab center before he finally got to come home. And unbelievably after 3 1/2 months of fighting threw the unthinkable the final move took his life. Once he was transported to the rehab facility something went terrible wrong and due to the head trauma and abdominal injuries he just passed away. He was a rider and lover of all motorcycles (makes and brands), and he died doing what he loved. Not by his fault, but by a young man who just got his license and pulled out in front of him on his motorcycle thinking he could beat him. He leaves a very ill wife and 4 kids as well as many grandchildren. One of the bitter sweet parts is his son and I just had our first baby after being together for 18 years, and he was never able to meet his new grand daughter or hold her (people were not allowed in the hospitals because of the virus), this is something that can never be changed. I am asking and begging for anyone who is a rider to please pay tribute by coming to Bell-Hennessy Funeral Home 420 S. Main Street Willamstown NJ on Thursday at 11:30 am, I would love for any or all motorcycle lovers to line up and let there engines roar in memory of those taken. I'm only asking to do this there because he is being cremated after and this would mean everything to his wife and all his family. George also proudly served his country as a veteran of the US. Army

Obituary
George D. Welch, 66, passed away on Thursday, June 11, 2020 after complications from a motor vehicle accident.

Beloved husband of Sherry (nee Harley). Loving son of the late Anna Meitzler. Devoted father of Shane Welch, Kathy (Christopher) Donelson , Yvonne Welch and Cody (Bambi) Welch. Dear brother of Theresa Welch, May Lou Grob, Louis Welch, the late James Welch, the late William Welch and the late Kathy Welch. Loving grandfather of Laci, Travis, Kyleah, Tyler, Tori, Logan, Destiny and Justice. Loving great grandfather of Benjamin and Dakota.

A viewing will be held on Thursday, June 18th from 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM at the Bell-Hennessy Funeral Home, 420 S. Main St., Williamstown. Time of Remembrance to follow at 12:00 PM.

(856)498-3555

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+