Warriors' Watch Riders Forums

We Have Your Backs Here At Home

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:55 am 
WWR Coordinator

***PLEASE NOTE UPDATED INFORMATION*** We have been asked to Stand a Flag Line Both at the Viewing and Services at Washington Crossing National Cemetery for 20 year Veteran of the Korean & Vietnam Wars,
John James Flynn, age 89 of Yardley, PA, passed away peacefully on Wednesday, November 27, 2019 at Chandler Hall. Born in Birmingham, AL, Mr. Flynn lived in Yardley for the past 46 years, except for a ten year span when he resided in North Topsail Beach, NC, a town where he was known for his active involvement in local politics.

John was raised in Memphis, TN where he graduated from Christian Brothers High School and continued on to the University of Mississippi, where he was named a Rhodes Scholar. He retired from the United States Marine Corps as a Lt. Colonel after twenty years of service to our country, having served in both the Korean and Vietnam War. Mr. Flynn was a parishioner of Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church in Trenton, and a member of the V.F.W. Post #4046 in Yardley.

John most enjoyed time spent with his family. Beach vacations on the Outer Banks surrounded by his loved ones is what made him happiest. An avid sports fan, he also enjoyed watching his favorite teams, the Washington Redskins and the Philadelphia Phillies. On Sundays, one could find John at work on the New York Times crossword puzzle until completion. A voracious reader, John frequented the local library weekly.

Son of the late Ralph and Agnes (McGetrick) Flynn, preceded in death by his sister Mary Ann Turner, he is survived by his daughters, Leslie Congdon (Dave) and Molly Gray, and son John Flynn (Kristen) all of Yardley. He also leaves to cherish his memory eight grandchildren, Kristina, Bridget and Jack Congdon, Jake, Ava and Cooper Gray, and Katie and Casey Flynn. He also leaves behind beloved nieces and nephews and their families.

Relatives and friends are invited to attend his memorial Mass at 12:00 pm on Thursday, Dec. 5, 2019 at Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church, 343 S. Broad St., Trenton, NJ 08608. His interment with military honors will follow at Washington Crossing National Cemetery, Newtown, PA.

Friends may call Wednesday from 7-9 pm at the J. Allen Hooper Funeral Chapel, 41 W. Trenton Ave., Morrisville, PA 19067.

****WARRIORS WATCH FLAG LINE IN PLACE 6:50 PM AT THE FUNERAL HOME ON WEDNESDAY****

RALLY: 1:30 PM SERVICES AT CEMETERY ARE SCHEDULED FOR 2PM ( FLAG LINE IN PLACE 1:50 PM)

RC Available

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:01 pm 

Standing By at WCNC.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:01 pm 
National Moderator

Standing by at WCNC
With regrets, I scheduled a Wednesday evening appointment as I thought we were only requested for WCNC.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:23 pm 

Standing by @ WCNC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:50 pm 

R I P Marine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:50 pm 

R I P Marine